University academic council
- Hits: 2259
On the basis of the confirmed order №487 from December, 3rd 2011 the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan about Academic council in higher educational institutions under the guidance of the rector of Karakalpak state university Academic council of university was organized.
According to order of the rector 26D/2 from 27th of August 2013 now the university Academic council of the university consists of 39 members who are selected at the beginning of each academic year.
Tasks and objectives Academic council.
The objective of Academic council is to provide fulfillment of tasks defined by the Law «On Education», «National program for personnel training»,by State educational standard of the Republic of Uzbekistan at higher educational institutions.
Academic council of the university:
- Conducts a strict control of stated purposes and tasks, based on « National program for personnel training», educational standards, curricula and programs.
- Accepts reports and relevant decrees on academic,scientific- research and spiritual-enlightenment works of faculties, academic lycéums, scientific-social activities at higher educational institutions, results of admission commission, and also marketing department on graduates of national economy and making necessary agreements with them.
- Accepts resolutions decision on fulfillment of scientific- research, spiritual-enlightenment works and retraining of teaching staff of the university.
- Accepts resolutions, analyzes and confirms annual and future plans of material-technical support and financial-accounting activity .
- Determines opening and abolishing of faculties and departments, confirms offers of marketing department in opening of new majors of baccalaureate and magistracy.
- Holds competitions of teaching staff, based on the Law on election of teachers for employment to higher educational institution.
- Considers nominees of teachers due to hereunder on scientific degree, on posts of the professor,associate-professor , scientific competitor.
- Analyzes and determines activity of graduates and teaching staff, in maintenance of knowledge of the English language, and also computer technology and the Internet.
- Analyzes preparation and maintenance with new literature for publication of methodical manuals and also innovative educational technologies.
- Confirms themes of dissertations, individual plans of senior scientific employees and competitors.
- Offers candidates from students and teaching staff with support of "Istedod" fund training courses to foreign higher educational institutions .
- Offers candidates from talented students and masters on state stipend of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and also on other state grants.
- Offers a number of actions for improvement of physical training and health of students together with the fund «For healthy generation».
- Accepts resolutions on making relations on joint work with foreign higher educational institutions.
- Accepts reports of directors of small organisations, firms and courses which are carrying out service in a sphere of education, about their activity and accepts relevant statements.
- Makes emphasis on improving of technical safety and labour protection of students and employees of higher educational institution.
Organisation of work of the Academic council of the university
The university Academic council carries out the work according to the plan developed for academic year. Academic council resolutions connected with educational, scientific-methodical, research, spiritual-enlightenment and organizational tasks are determined by open ballot and the majority of the gained voices. Elections which are held on post of teaching staff and awarding academic degree of professor or assistant-professor are realized by secret ballot with the participation of 2/3 shares of members of the Academic council.
The Academic council session is made out in legal form, signed by the chairman of the academic council and scientific secretary, published in a book and distributed to all vice-rectors, deans and heads of relevant departments. Timely execution of resolutions accepted by the Academic council is controlled by monitoring department..