KICK-OFF MEETING OF DECIDE PROJECT
On February 11-12, 2019 the kick-off meeting of the ERASMUS + CBHE Project “Developing Services for Individuals with Disabilities [DECIDE]” was held in the library of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University with participation of partners from countries of the European Union and Central Asia.
The main goal of the project – to promote the rights of individuals with special needs to access education, enjoy the right of participation in everyday society and to combat discrimination by instilling awareness and acceptance in society as in line with Bologna Process and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
The meeting was opened by the First Vice-Rector of al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Professor Burkitbayev.
Therefore, the coordinator of the DECIDE project, Angela Repanovisi delivered, is a professor at the University of Transylvania in Brasov, Romania. She delivered a welcoming speech to the participants of the kick-off meeting of the project and wished a successful implementation of such important project for higher education and development of society as a whole. Overall, in the meeting was discussed the main objectives of the project, financial and management issues, the distribution of tasks, as well as long-term and short-term goals and expected results.
The meeting was attended by partners of ERASMUS + CBHE Project Development of Services for Persons with Disabilities [DECIDE] from University of Transylvania (Romania), University of Middlesex (United Kingdom), Limerick Institute of Technology (Ireland), Technical University of Dresden (Germany), University of Crete (Greece), Central Asian project partners. The kick-off meeting was held in a businesslike and friendly atmosphere.
ENGLISH FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES TRAINING AT DRESDEN TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, GERMANY ON MARCH 25-29, 2019
On March 25-29, 2019 «English for Specific Purposes Training» in the framework of ERASMUS + Decide project “Developing Services for Individuals with Disabilities” was held at Dresden Technical University, Dresden, Germany.
The training was attended by partners DECIDE project from University of Transylvania (Romania), University of Middlesex (United Kingdom), Limerick Institute of Technology (Ireland), Dresden University of Technology (Germany), University of Crete (Greece), Central Asian project partners. The meeting was held in a businesslike and friendly atmosphere.
In the training was trained and discussed the following proportion issues that related with developing services for individuals with disabilities by the European project partners:
- General English language training to support participants requiring more support at basic level.
- Introduction to Major Milestones in International Disability Policy: the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Teaching students with autism and diversity and Inclusion Action Plan.
- Social, Emotional and Behavioral Difficulties (Terminologies and Standards) – A theoretical, and Practical Perspectives.
- Library Services to People with Special Needs IFLA Glossary of Terms and Definitions.
- Use the Library: Terminology for Information Literacy and Research Skills.
- Teaching Students with Visual Impairments, Assistive technology.
- Use the Library: Terminology in Web Search Strategies & Tactics/Critically Evaluating Information resources/ Referencing Citation & Avoiding Plagiarism.
From Karakalpak State University were participated in the meeting Paluanov Bakhitbay and Erpolat Jarimbetov.